Your business needs to be able to efficiently communicate with personnel, suppliers, customers and other parties. That requires a robust phone system that itself is efficient, and that can integrate with other communications technologies. Is your phone system able to keep up in today’s fast-paced and always-connected world, or do you need something better?
Signs of an Outdated Phone System
Phones today need to do more than just make and receive calls. They need to be fully connected, so that your business is fully connected. And, they must be connected in an efficient manner.
If your business’s phones exhibit any of the following issues, it’s a sign that the phone system is outdated:
- Remote Work: If your phone system doesn’t integrate with remote workers, it’s not able to keep up with today’s workforce. Remote workers are here (or at home) to stay, and your phones have to be able to direct calls to them. The same is true for mobile workers or employees who travel frequently.
- Customer Service: Good customer service starts with a phone system that can direct calls efficiently and accurately. If your phone system doesn’t automatically direct calls, someone is answering calls too often. If the system doesn’t efficiently direct calls, customers are annoyed by the time they talk with someone.
- International Charges: Businesses don’t have to pay high fees for international calls anymore. If you’re paying exorbitant international fees, you’re either using an old-fashioned phone system or have outgrown your current system. International calls needn’t cost much (if any) more than domestic ones.
- Integration: For the greatest efficiency, phones should integrate with email, CRM and similar programs. Standard phone lines can’t do this, but newer VoIP phones can.
Key Features to Look for in a Modern Phone System
If it is indeed time to upgrade, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones offer capabilities that traditional landline phones don’t have. With a VoIP phone system, your business can address all of the aforementioned issues:
- Calls can be routed anywhere that there’s internet service, including employees’ homes or anywhere else that they’re working.
- Customer calls can be automatically and accurately routed to the proper department or employee.
- International charges aren’t substantially more, because calls can easily be sent between countries using internet connectivity.
- Phones can be integrated with email, CRM software and more.
Additional features, such as call screening, call forwarding, call recording, video conferencing and improved voice quality also make VoIP phones the obvious choice in today’s multi-connected world.
Upgrade to VoIP Phones
Do you need a better phone system that could improve communication, enhance customer service and support your business’s growth? If you’re ready to explore your options and invest in a new phone system, Fastech Solutions can help you discover a range of VoIP phone systems that can be customized for your business’s needs.